Go Long: Why Long-Term Thinking is Your Best Short-Term Strategy
Written By: , , ,
Date: October 2018
Duration: 3 hours 40 minutes
In Go Long, authors Dennis Carey, Brian Dumaine, Michael Useem, and Rodney Zemmel take you behind-the-scenes to witness the business decisions that are enabling leading organizations to outsmart and outlast the competition.
- Why did CEO Larry Merlo allow CVS to take a 2 billion dollar hit-on purpose?
- How did CEO Alan Mulally maneuver Ford's 48 billion dollar turnaround?
- How did director Maggie Wilderotter and her fellow board members engage top management to embark on an unusual exercise to help Hewlett Packard Enterprise build a long-term strategy?
- Why did CEO Paul Polman's turn back to Unilever's original mission of leading with a purpose to fuel profits?
- How did CEO Ivan Seidenberg convince his investors and board to allow him to make a 150 billion dollar bet?
- How did CEO George Buckley find a way to address investor calls for 3M to spend less on research and development while still finding a way to innovate?
These leaders argue that a short-term mindset might satisfy investors for this quarter or next, but there's a heavy price to be paid. Instead, they argue, long-term thinking is your best short-term strategy.