Forgiving What You Can't Forget: Audio Bible Studies: How to Move On, Make Peace with Painful Memories, and Create a Life That's Beautiful Again
Date: November 2020
Duration: 2 hours 4 minutes
The Audio Bible Study series provides a unique learning experience. Instead of sitting down to watch a video teaching for Bible study, listen to the same quality Bible study content on the go! Whether you listen on your commute, while walking outside, or over a lunch break, you can access high-quality audio Bible studies wherever you are. Get the most out of the teaching by diving into the accompanying study guide (sold separately) to walk through reflection questions and individual Bible study to go deeper.
If you've ever felt stuck in a cycle of unresolved pain, playing offenses over and over in your mind—if you've ever been hurt so badly that you don't know if you'll ever get past it—discover what the Bible really says about forgiveness and how to find the peace that comes from embracing it.
Forgiveness is a major part of the Christian faith. But how do we actually put it into practice when we're the ones who've been hurt? We know God commands us to forgive each other. But, apart from simply saying the words, 'I forgive you,' many of us have unasked questions about it:
- How does it work? On our minds, souls, circumstances—what's actually happening when we forgive?
- Why is it so important, and what's the difference between forgiveness and simply moving on?
- When should I forgive, and are their exceptions?
- How can I find healing for myself, even if my act of forgiveness doesn't seem to change the person who hurt me?
These are just some of the questions that bestselling author and teacher Lysa TerKeurst explores in this six-session audio Bible study .
This study will walk with you on a step-by-step process--through biblical answers, deep empathy, and the therapeutic insight that comes from Lysa's personal experiences--toward the grace of forgiveness and the freedom from the pain of past wrongs.
- What Am I Supposed to Do with All the Hurt? (25:30)
- Your Mind, Your Mouth, Your Master (21:30)
- The Divine Echo (27:00)
- There’s Always a Meanwhile (24:00)
- The Compounding Effect of Unforgiveness (15:00)
- This Isn’t Easy, But It Is Good (21:00)